Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentime's Day

So my 5-year old came home yesterday from V day's party in school.  From our window, I saw him getting out of the school bus wearing his big smile and a paper crown full of hearts. Waving his arms to the bus driver saying, "I'll see you tomorrow!".  Funny, coz he doesn't even go to school on Fridays.

I know it was sunny but it was freezing outside and I remember looking at the outside temperature saying "Feels like: -4 degrees Fahrenheit". Brrr... So I was telling him to hurry up and to get inside the house. But he didn't want to get inside without me responding to his very warm greeting, "Happy Valentime's Day mom!". That was it! As a mom, that made my day!


I was telling him what Valentine's day is all about and he just couldn't accept the fact that it is Valentine and not Valentime. Ha ha! So anyway, he started getting all his things out of his backpack. "What a mess!" Allyson (my 3-year old) said.  He was showing off what he got from his friends in school.  All the valentine's day cards, pencils, candies and then as Allyson exclaimed "a nailbox!"  Ahren told his sister, "No, it's my Valentime's Nailbox!" Ha ha ha! It was a mailbox decorated with lots of hearts.

Parenthood...motherhood whatever it is... it can really be stressful but there are still lots of rewarding moments that we should not take for granted.   Kids are kids...just try to have fun with them.  Remember that they are God's gift to us (including your spouse) so love and make them feel special everyday not just on Valentime's day.

1 comment:

  1. I could already imagine how he greeted you. He's super bubbly talaga :P

    ReplyDelete