Monday, February 21, 2011

My 3-year old kid and her Antibiotic

Last weekend my husband called my attention as our 3-year daughter woke up around 1:30 AM - restless, tugging her right ear and keeps on swallowing. It's just a pain seeing your child so uncomfortable at midnight and during the weekend! I've known her for being a tough girl and really does not complain a lot, but this time it really did worry me. I was pretty sure she had an ear infection because of the signs that I saw but I couldn't wait for her to be seen by a doctor.

First thing we did on Monday was  to see the pediatrician. So, I was right - she 's got an ear infection. Doctor looked at her throat as well and found it to be reddened and a little swollen. Prescription: Amoxicillin. Oh boy! 10 days of Antibiotic?! That's going to be a problem! I was already planning on some tricks to do to make her drink the medication because based on my experience with my son... it's hard to make them take their antibiotic.

"Ok...here we go." I thought to myself when it was time for her medication. I got her little cup with a non-attractive looking liquid ATB. Whoa!! She took it and drank it like an adult would take a shot of tequila! I've never seen a kid so easy to give medication to. Now, if its a multivitamin we are talking about...that's a different story...coz my kids love their Gummy Vites. I guess I've underestimated my daughter. LOL

 

She's got two more days of her antibiotic and she's gonna be done with it. I'm just glad we did not have a hard time on this coz she really needed it. So far, she's been better and has never missed a dose! Great job my little princess....I am proud of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment